Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yes, we have had plenty of snow this year. This is a walkway to the emergency generator for the school. These are a couple of our Junior High students with Susan. The hoods always remind me of home(Blytheville). Our native children call hooded sweatshirts sweaters.
A road to nowhere. Well, maybe the airport. The days are much longer now. How about some heat, please?
Our principal sent Susan to the airport to take a couple of out-of-town accountants to their ride. We had just gotten another foot of snow which had drifted as high as the pickup hood. It took a loader to get Susan out. Yes, it is a 4-wheeled drive, Ford, and 2008.
I could have been falling off the chair in the hotel room in Anchorage where I was staying for a technology convention or maybe not... double exposure?
The technology conference lasted several days. I found I don't like crowds much anymore. Once at a buffet in convention room too small for the people in it, someone kind of  pushed me getting to the cream cheese pie and I was surprised myself with the response that came to my mind. It was a physical response accompanied with a verbal blast. Verbal blast, reminds me of Sonic. I did recover before either and left for some fresh Alaska air. Susan did not get to come with me, but I sure wish she had. It was a nice break from the village, once I got used to the pitiful pace and packed place. 

2 comments:

Frank Baker said...

We had an ice storm and about ten day later we got about 10 inches of snow, but nothing to compare to your winter. We are switching to daylight saving time this weekend. Doesn't that make you feel warm all over.
Take care.

Winifred said...

And we think we have problems with a few inches of snow! That pathway was unbelievable. A few inches higher and it would have been a tunnel.

Do you put the clocks forward in Alaska?

Our clocks go forward for British Summertime at the end of the month. You're way ahead of us Frank!