Sunday, March 8, 2009

Enough snow, already. We are having another blizzard today. It started last night and continued off and on today. All the trails through the drifts are filled again. I have to walk through them and get all wet when I go inside. If you happen to step where there is no boardwalk you immediately sink in to your waist. You have to roll to get out and hope no one sees you. Once one of our women teachers went down off the boardwalk and showed up with her nostrils full of snow. We tried to re-enact that and just could not get that to happen again. PS. The lady recovered, but gets inquiries about her nose all the time. Like she is sniffing the wrong white powder.
Sharky in his winter attire. I think it is his paws that get the coldest. Sometimes he has to find a way under our house to get out of the weather before he freezes solid. 
Playing kids. All of them are too young to be Susan's and my classes.
Susan made snow ice cream. It was sooo good. She had to go to Anchorage to for some tests. All is well and I am so happy about that. I don't know when she will be able to get back in though. Spring, maybe?
Don't walk under the snow armed with razor sharp ice cycles. Especially when the wind is blowing 60 mph. Course no one is walking around unless they have a little dog who has business outside. 

2 comments:

Frank Baker said...

Good to hear you are having so much fun. I never heard of one being drowned in snow, but I'm sure it's possible. Keep dry; stay warm.

Winifred said...

Oh my that's what you call snow! Those snowmen are fantastic. Last snow we had my grandchildren raced from school to build a snowman before it melted. We only had about 4 inches so they had to rake it off the garden. Still they loved it.

That's so funny having to roll to get up again. Think I wouldn't be able to get up for laughing then everyone would see me.

Poor little Sharky maybe he needs some knitted bootees.

Good news about Susan hope she gets back before Spring. When's that by the way?