Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Yesterday, Halloween Day, I walked to the store and took a detour along the river to see how the ice was doing and found a frozen river. I guess I've been too busy to notice the temperature which is -16 degrees today.
We have transitioned form motor boats to fire wood. Plenty of wood floated into the village on the river during the flood. Villagers have plenty of wood close-by. The town is white and clean looking now.
Susan and the Mendenhall Glacier. She took a video of a mama bear and a cub who was climbing a tree, but our Internet will not work long enough for the action clip to load.
I kept trying to get the sun light to show you the thin layers of ice that are pushed up over other layers, but this is the best visual I could get. There are drifts like snow drifts completely across the river.
They painted the church, even its roof. Looks good, today. All our trick-0r-treaters were really nice and polite last night, if not scary. Maybe, the teachings of the church are helping more of the students show kindness and respect. The teachers are going to play volleyball today, Sunday. I can't believe it is November. My list of things missed at home is getting extremely long; it seems. I would be too lonesome up here without Susan. The students are nice and fun to work with. My days go fast, but I show the wear and tear by the time we get home. I am doing two 30-minute PE classes in addition to the same amount of academic classes I had last year. It is fun, but takes double the supervision that the classroom does. At nine thirty this morning it was still completely dark.

No comments: