Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another year of flocked trees

It has been in the teen's and with no wind so the snow has just froze where it fell making for beautifully flocked trees.
I have been trying to get a shot that shows how the snow sparkles in the light, but to no avail.
We are staying in Emmonak for the Thanksgiving for the second year.
Tomorrow, at five in the afternoon Susan, another teacher, and myself are going to have family night for the after school program participants and their families. Last year we cooked the frozen kind of pizzas, but this year we are having them made locally at $25 per pizza. We ordered 2o pizzas. With cookies and Tang for all, the total will be close to our budget of $700.
I was going to stay up till 10 p.m. to watch the OSU- Colorado game, but a fellow teacher told me the score with 3 minutes left which turned out to be the final score. That was at 7 p.m. and it was advertised to be on at 10. It is a wacky life up here sometimes. Not even ESPN can figure out how to list game times for Alaska. Writing class has been slow for the teacher and hard for the students, but I will have a lot of them writing well by state tests. I ordered pencil pads for the pencils and the students did not get the hint that they would will be writing, writing, writing just like last year with their reading, reading, reading. I am glad I never had a teacher like me!!

No comments: