Saturday, January 10, 2009

Going to another village school for an in-service.

This was after the in-service trying to get all the snow machines running again after setting in the -20 degree cold.
The school building we traveled to for the in-service. This is the arrival. You see all the clothes this person was wearing.
Sometimes the snow machines stick to the snow and person has to lift their tracks off the ice or the belt will set there and burn on the pulley that drives the tracks. On ice the front skis do not turn the snow machine very well. I guess that is why the don't call them ice machines. You just sit there with the steering wheel turned saying, "OH ____!!!!" (fill in the blank with your personal preference for those times when severe injury accompanied with pain is mili-seconds away). My experience was the machine had to run into some snow or bushes at the edge of the trail before the thing would turn. 
On arrival, I think that is Susan!! Anyway whoever gave me an Eskimo kiss. We were cold and frost bitten.
The survival kit my daughter, Sarah, gave me minus the little pliers-knife handy dandy 
combo the security person at the airport took from me. They probably needed one for their kit. The knife wasn't long enough to hit anything vital, at least, on me. I should have taken the foil blanket out and put it over my head so I could have avoided a scabby nose and face. Right, I would have hit the only large tree along that part of the iced over Yukon River.  

2 comments:

Frank Baker said...

Thanks for following our blog.

Your last posting sounds like quite an adventure, and that you are getting to be quite a snow machine driver.

We are on the way to Church. We are having our Christmas Music program today which was cancelled in December because of bad weather.

Stay Warm

Winifred said...

That looks really cold! You're brave venturing out in all that snow. I suppose you can't hibernate for the whole winter though.