Sunday, October 19, 2008

Here is the friend I was talking to you about. Susan and I were walking about 5 pm along the river. There he was near where I saw him before. On the camera his form is really small. I was pleasantly surprised to see the actual shot was much better. I hope he is not shot by the native Alaskans!!!!
He wanted us to see both sides! Susan's cold is much better. I was glad she could make the walk this evening. In folk lore foxes are egotists, but our fiery, friendly, fox, friend makes not boasts.
See. She is waving again. Across the way is an island in the Yukon River. We are going over there, maybe in December, to see how big the Yukon is on the other side. I'll take pics.
My sister and mother sent me these pants. They have orange in the plaid with an OSU symbol. Thanks a lot for the thoughtful boxes. I think I would like warm pullovers for Christmas, not sweaters. I will put a picture of one on here so you can see, if you needed a list. I wore these to both stores and the people looked at me like "Oh, Brother."
This picture is of small remnant of the river that is not frozen. The wind was very brisk this evening and we walked quickly about one half mile back to our school. For that matter all too soon we may not get much light. The veterans said we will have about 4 hours of gloomy light per day and that will be while we are at work. Someone is taking care of me because I have 20 feet of windows (it seems) in my room so I will see the meager light. Susan has big windows in her class room, too. I am not afraid, because my students put out a bright inner light that will keep all of us warm and happy. I called my nephew, Ryan who lives in Florida, using Skype at school. My students all wanted to see him and his family. They were so friendly to Ryan asking many questions. My students are truly good people.

3 comments:

Frank Baker said...

How about that fox. I think you have a friend.

Frank Baker said...

I see you have a new follower reading your blog. Winfred is from the UK and is a very interesting lady. She is wonderful blogger

Winifred said...

That fox is lovely, glad you got his or her photo.

Our days are getting shorter too by the end of the month when we move from British Summertime back to Greenwich Meantime we'll be down to about 7 hours. Hard to imagine just 4. I really miss those long light summer nights.

Thanks for that Frank. Not sure about the interesting though. My life always seems so mundane.



It's lovely to meet new people from all over the world and see what they're doing just through blogging. Much better just watching than daytime TV in my retirement.