Sunday, August 17, 2008

Church

Susan and I are going to go to a missionary church tonight at 6:30. I think the denomination is Church of Christ. Last Sunday we attended a Catholic Church and learned from the priest about not giving up on ourselves. One of the teachers said a Presbyterian meeting was somewhere in town according to the Internet. Maybe, we will find out tonight. Monday, we start with in-service meeting again. I think it is over Literacy by Design. Hope they have snacks! Or drawings for teacher supplies!! Susan and I found some boots today in one of the two stores. They stay warm to -43 degrees. I bought them for $22 since Susan had already bought herself a pair. They were in a back room and on sale. The reg. price was $70. Abby said some kids came by our house in Blytheville and asked if the flower man was home. I am going to miss our school kids. All the kids on the streets here in Emmonak say hello and ask if we are teachers. They seem really nice and polite. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I can't wait for the first day to meet all my new students. I hope some of them are gangsta like my brothers and and sistas.

1 comment:

Abby Thorne said...

Yeah, two little boys showed up asking for the flower man and if I needed any help mowing or watering.