Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This is the gate to some bright place beneath the sea. The sun was burning through some of the sleety clouds. Kinda neat. It was about a mile from the plane as we landed or was it plopped? These pictures went on the blog in the opposite order I placed them. Go to the last and progress to the first. Then you should be able to follow my comments better.
Looks like the sea shore of the Bering Sea. I can't wait to walk there tomorrow. I had to ride in the back of the truck from the airport and got sleeted part of the way. It is much colder than Emmonak.
Is this the other gate? Looks like an infected spear wound on a seal that is smoking a little.
Is this the Gate to Heaven? If this rattle trap plane goes down, I sure hope so!! We flew through clouds most of the way and I kept thinking will I survive the 5,000 fall after we hit a goose or bigger? Will it hurt? How can I get Susan out before the plane sinks? Will my broken leg flop around and embarrass me at the in-service?
On the way to a teacher in-service at Hooper Bay on the Bering Sea one hour by air south of
Emmonak. I am glad to get out of the village. I am bored this year. Oh no, that is what the kids are always saying!!

No comments: